Sat, Nov 04|
The Science & Art of Herbalism - Course
Sign up for NOVEMBER 2023 start!
Time & Location
Nov 04, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Vervain/Roots Classroom, 3308 W Chinden Blvd, Garden City, ID 83714, USA
About the event
REGISTRATION OPEN TO START IN NOVEMBER 2023 OR FEBRUARY 2024
Vervain is proud to offer Rosemary Gladstar’s “The Science & Art of Herbalism” certification course!
Join us for a 10-month journey exploring herbal medicine that will engage the senses and the intellect while introducing you to a wide range of herbal topics and techniques. In this small-group setting, we will help you cultivate the confidence to support radiant health and address a myriad of health complaints using herbs. This program is designed to be fun and challenging as it guides students in extensive study – expect to spend about 20-30 hours outside of class hours per month studying and completing the homework assignments (official certification available).
This course will deepen your understanding of healing herbs and introduce you to a wide range of herbal topics. 4 hours/month of personalized instruction includes:
- Lectures in Herbal Materia Medica, Botany, Herbal Energetics, Anatomy and Physiology, First Aid, Accessibility and Sustainability of Herbal Medicine, and Home Treatment Plans.
- Hands-on learning: herbal infused oils, salves, tinctures, bath salts, sprays, infused honeys, syrups, vinegars, and much more!
- Local plant identification walks and on-location exploration as weather permits to discover our local herbal bounty!
- A comprehensive binder with the course text and dozens of recipes from Rosemary Gladstar’s The Science and Art of Herbalism printed course curriculum.
- Rosemary’s newest video course: The Foundations of Herbalism video series.
Bring your curiosity and join us on this herbal adventure that will span seasons and body systems!
Schedule (two sessions per year)
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
- November 2023 Start Session: 1st Saturday from November to August (2pm-6pm)
- February 2024 Start Session: 3rd Saturday from February to November (11am -4pm)
- Full Course (10 sessions + full materials - printed binder and digital slides): $1000 upfront or 3 payments ($450 + $300 + $300)
Because space in this class is limited, class fees are non-refundable starting the day class begins. If you cancel within 3 weeks of class beginning, we will refund you minus a 20% cancellation fee. If you cancel with more than 3 weeks before class beginning, we will refund you minus a 10% cancellation fee.
Email email@example.com if you need more information!